Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Wednesday, March 6, 2013. I've been MIA

Hello Everyone!

I know it's been a while since I've last posted. Whatever "bug" is out there, finally caught up with me. I haven't been sick in a long time so it knocked me out.

Well, I'm still not 100%, but I'm feel better and I'd figure I'd share some artists from the past who always inspire me!

First and Foremost Mary Cassatt. Her brushwork and compositions are crazy! I'm still trying to achieve that looseness that looks like it came so easily to her. I love the way she can have two people interact with each other in her paintings. She will always be a huge inspiration to me.

Without further ado, here are some of Mary Cassatt's amazing pieces!
Mary Cassatt's "Mother Combing Sara's Hair," Pastel on Paper, 1901

Mary Cassatt's "Emmie and Her Child," Oil on Canvas, 1889



No comments:

Post a Comment