Friday, August 3, 2012

Student Work Summer 2012!

Hi there Everyone!

I am extremely proud of a recent class of mine.  I taught Beginning Drawing this Summer Semester at Conejo Valley Adult School in Thousand Oaks, California.  I taught the very basics.  I started with charcoal drawing and finished with pastel drawing.

All my students are complete novices at drawing and art!  To all my fellow artists out there, my students had no idea how to even "sight measure."  To all my non-artists, "sight measuring" is one of the first things you should learn when you draw.  You learn how to draw things accurately, in good proportion and perspective.  When first learning how to "sight measure" it can be difficult.

In the beginning of my class, it was very difficult for my students to draw accurately the subject matter they had in front of them.  By the end of the class, I saw a huge improvement!  This is why TEACHING is AWESOME!  I'm actually making a difference!  I LOVE WATCHING MY STUDENTS GROW!

The age range of my students is from mid 20's to mid 60's.

Below are some great samples of my novice students' work.  ENJOY!  
CONGRATS TO MY STUDENTS!  I AM VERY PROUD!!
Lori's first drawing of a silver object.

Ingrid's first drawing of a glass object.

Ingrid's first drawing of a metallic object.
Nancy's first pastel drawing of a stuffed animal.

Lori's first drawing of a metallic object.
Brady's first pastel drawing of a stuffed animal.

Ingrid's first pastel drawing of a stuffed animal.

Joanna's first pastel drawing of a stuffed animal.

Lori's first pastel drawing of a stuffed animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment