Thursday, August 2, 2012

Importance of Demos While Teaching

Hey There,
Sorry for the delay, I was on a lovely vacation in LAKE TAHOE, CA.  I plan on painting a series from that trip soon.  I was so inspired, the landscape was absolutely beautiful.

Today, I'm not going to discuss Tahoe.  Today, I'm going to explain the importance of doing demos (i.e. demonstrations) for your class. When I was an art student, I would "eat up" any demo my professors would paint/draw for me.  When you are learning to create art, watching a professional do a demonstration for you is amazing.  It is so helpful on how you should start your own work.

One thing I've noticed as a student is that after watching a demo you say, "oh, that's easy," you try to do it and it doesn't turn out quite as nice.  Although this always seems to happen, the DEMO give the STUDENT that extra bit of CONFIDENCE they need in order to START their DRAWING or PAINTING.

So, now that I'm a Teacher, I am constantly doing demos for my Students.

Below, are some demos that I've done for my Plein Air Painting & Beginning Drawing Class. ENJOY!


"Malibu Lake," Oil on Canvas, 12"x12"

"Agoura Hills 1," Oil on Board, 9"x12"

"Point Dume 1," Oil on Board, 9"x12"

"Fuchsia Flower," Pastel on Paper, 12"x 9"

"Plush Mickey Sitting," Pastel on Paper, 12" x 9"

No comments:

Post a Comment