Tuesday, May 29, 2012

2012 National Juried Exhibition

Hi Everybody,

"Daddy's Little Artists,"  Oil on Canvas,  14"x18"
I have some cool news!  I enter my artwork in many juried competitions.  I never expect that my work will get in.  Art is so subjective.  For instance, I entered "Rainy Night 2," into the Annual Spring Show at the Academy of Art University last year and didn't get into the show. The beginning of this year, I entered the same piece into a highly more competitive show, not only did the piece get into the show, but it also won an award of merit.  So, as you can see when I enter something into a competition it's never guaranteed that it will be accepted.

Well, "enough beating around the bush," so to say.  The Great Frame Up Gallery in Longmont, Colorado is having a juried art competition: the 2012 National Juried Art Exhibition. The show is juried by Nicholaus Arnold.  Mr. Arnold has received his MFA from Syracuse University and a BFA from Wright State University.

I got not one, not two, not three, but FOUR PAINTINGS ACCEPTED into the EXHIBITION!!!
I am so very honored and appreciative to be a part of this exhibit!

         
           "Our Time,"  Oil on Canvas,  24"x24"
"Mommy & Me,"  Oil on Canvas,  20"x16"

"I Treasure You,"  Oil on Linen,  24"x18"
Here's information about the show below:
Exhibit Opens: Friday, July 13, 2012
Artist Reception & Award Ceremony: Friday, July 13 (6 pm- 9 pm)
Exhibit Ends: Friday August 31, 2012
Gallery: The Great Frame Up -- Artists' Gallery
Address: 430 Main Street, Longmont, Co 80501
Phone: 303-772-7293
Website: www.Longmont.TheGreatFrameUp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment