Saturday, May 5, 2012

May 5, 2012 Last Class for Spring Semester

Hey Everyone,

Happy Holiday!  I hope everyone is having a fun time today and that everyone stays safe.  Lots of drunkards out tonight.  Today, I didn't go out drinking.  I did have Mexican food for dinner, but, I eat Mexican food a lot anyways, I digress. Today, was my official last day of Plein Air Painting Class for the Conejo Valley Adult School's Spring Semester 2012.  This has been my first class that I've taught all on my own.  I feel that it has been an extremely successful class.  My students have all improved immensely.  I'll show their progress in a future post.  Also, many of them want to keep taking classes from me either through the school or on my own.  This makes me extremely happy to know that they enjoy my teaching and I'm actually inspiring people to make art.  In celebration of the class, I am putting up my last plein air painting that I did today.  We painted at Forrest Cove Park in Agoura Hills, California.  Actually, it was a lot prettier than I first anticipated.  There's Lady Face Mountain, Strawberry Hill, and many other hills and trees surrounding the park.  The weather was perfect, sunny but not too hot.  Could not ask for a more lovely day to paint.  Without further ado, below is my painting.
"Agoura Hills 1," Oil on Canvas Board, 9"x12"  May 5, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment