Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tuesday, January 8, 2013, Started a New painting!

Hi everyone,

As promised, anything art related I am posting on my Journal/Blog.  Today, I was not as productive as yesterday, but, I was able to start up a new painting! It's the very beginnings of what any of my paintings look like. It is a girl with an awesome afro looking at a view of Los Angeles.

Some people wonder how I start a painting.  Now, you know.  I use a small brush with burnt umber oil paint to layout the composition of the painting. This part of my painting process is one of the longest because I want to make sure the drawing is accurate with proportion and the composition is satisfying to the eye. Sometimes, I'll have to wipe the paint off and repaint/draw certain areas to make it look better. Luckily, I didn't have to repaint much today. Now, it's time to add color and HAVE FUN!

ENJOY!
No title yet, 30"x15"

No comments:

Post a Comment