Friday, January 4, 2013

In-progress Pastel 1/4/13

HELLO EVERYONE!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  I hope that everyone had a lovely 2012.  I wish everyone an even better year in 2013! This year I am going to try to blog more and show you how I work.  My goal is not to just show finished pieces, but artwork in-progress.

THIS Blog will become my art journal! As always, comments are welcome! This will be a great way for you to see my work in various stages before it is completely done! Also, this will be a great opportunity for me to receive constructive critiques from my viewers and fellow artists!

Currently, I am working on a pastel painting. It is 10"x 8"
It's a painting of a little girl wearing a very large hat. I have a certain process when I do pastels. I've come to realize how much dust falls down on my drawing. So, instead of having to add more layers on top of a finished area due to dust, I am working my pastels much like I work my landscapes, from TOP to BOTTOM.

The drawing only has the background and hat filled in. I still have some touch ups to do on the hat. Also, depending on the color scheme of the painting, the background will probably become much cooler than what it looks like at the moment. The hat is so warm, I'm probably going to make the background more of a cool gray color.

NOW REMEMBER, THIS PAINTING IS FAR FROM OVER, THERE IS STILL A LOT OF WORK TO BE DONE.  With that said, I hope you enjoy thus far!

No comments:

Post a Comment