Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday, February 25, 2013. Why I "Just Keep Painting"

Hello Everybody!

I hope that you all had a lovely weekend!

Now, I've said that I will blog about anything art related.  This includes anything good or not favorable. Recently, I found out that my pieces I submitted into an art competition located in Colorado did not get accepted. This is the fifth competition this year that I haven't gotten my work into.

Now, of course I would love to get my work into all of those shows, that is why I try in the first place. But, as with everyone in life, no matter what you do for a living, there is not always going to be a yes or the response one hoped for.  I could have a defeatist attitude, yet, this will not accomplish anything. As an artist, I know Art IS Subjective. Each person has a different view of art and what they prefer.

Instead of feeling down, I feel like a light has been fired up and I need to paint more, teach more, learn more! Today, I taught my first Pastel Class and it was so amazing to see my students (many who have no art experience) be completely enthralled in ART!  So, while today I was not in the mood to paint, sharing my knowledge of art with my students was just as gratifying, if not more!

One thing I have discovered about Art & Life is that it never ends up how you expect. And this is why I Just Keep Painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment