Wednesday, January 29, 2014

1-29-13 Busy/Crazy Week

Hello everyone,

I know that I need to work on my blogging and get a better schedule. Usually, I wouldn't want to make an excuse. But, thus past week has been insane. My grandma had spinal/neck surgery. She came out okay, but it's a serious surgery so I prioritized.

I went to San Francisco over the weekend and saw the Ansers Zorn show at the Legion of Honor. Amazing show, his water colors astounded me! If you're in the Bay Area, go see that show. It closes up in SF on the 2nd of February. While I was in San Francisco I also took lots of reference photos for paintings. It's always nice to see the city. Thanks to those who took out their time to see me! If I couldn't see you, all is good, life happens:)

I started my first portrait painting workshop last Wednesday in Agoura Hills, CA. If you are interested, please let me know. There are spaces still available. 7-10pm oil portrait painting class. Lots of fun! I'm very proud of my students. They've never painted a live model before and they all did a great job!

The show for Richeson 75 Small Works 2014 is up online and you can see my oil painting, " Tenaya Lake," on their website at www.richeson75.com 

I also am honored  to announce that I have been invited to the 5th Annual Aspen Plein Air 2014 hosted by the Sheridan Arts Foundation. I want to thank the judges and I am looking forward to going to Aspen, Colorado this up and coming July!

Thanks for your patience, I plan on blogging lots more. I think I'm going to do a painting a day for the month of February so keep posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment